Monday, March 26, 2007

"My fAvOritE spOrt"

When I was a grade 5 student, I’m not that interested in the sport called “Badminton”.
During summer, there was a badminton tournament held in our place and my mother told asked me if I’d like to join. Since I was interested in that sport, I registered my self and joined the tournament.

Weeks before the tournament, my friends were practicing playing badminton. I joined them and I really had fun. Since then, I got more and more interested in the game. I asked my mother to buy me a badminton racket and a shuttle cock so I can practice playing the sport. Every morning at 6:00 am, I watch the old people playing badminton and I’ve learned different strategies from them. As I watch them playing, I really pay attention on how they hold the racket and how they position the shuttle cock. I also watch how they put force and how their foot works. I do this everyday and I try what I learned from them when I start to play the sport. When the tournament came, my partner and I played. Unfortunately, we weren’t too good yet.

After the tournament, I didn’t stop learning about the sport. It challenged me to learn more the sport. When classes started, I can’t play anymore in the morning. But it didn’t stop me from learning more about the sport. I play the sport during Saturdays. Then, I improved in playing the sport. One day, one of the old people invited me to play with them. When I played with them, they found out that I play well in that sport. They told me to play with them every morning during Saturdays. That time, I was so happy and I thought to myself that this could be my chance to learn more and improve my skills in playing the sport. So, every morning, they already let me play with them. I bring with me every Saturday morning my badminton racket. We play for about 3 hours and each person playing about 3 games everyday. After playing, I go home and rest . Playing with them is really hard and challenging. I really improved a lot because of there help. They taught me different strategies and techniques. They thought me how to smash, drop shot, serve, and many more stuff. They also thought me the rules of the game and how to be an umpire.

Now, I often join badminton games in school and in our place. I also play a lot with my friends in our place. And even if I know a lot already about the game, I won’t stop learning more and try my best to be the best even if it’s hard to be the best. My determination led me to become a good player in this sport and I know that I have a lot to learn about this game to be considered best. And I know I can do and achieve it if I trust myself.

No comments: