Monday, March 26, 2007

"whAt a UP studEnt is nOT"

Most of the people say that UP students are smart and intelligent. Others, if they hear the school UP, their first impressions to the UP students are intelligent. Some think that UP students are “Mad Geniuses”! But actually, we are just like the other students in different schools. UP students are just given quality education and advanced education. That is why most people say or think that UP students are mad geniuses.

UP students are not the most intelligent people in the country or in the world. We are just normal students just like other students in school. UP students are just considered intelligent students because UP students are chosen students and are students given the privileged to study in a school that has a very good or should I say high quality education.
UP students are scholars and they are paid by the taxes of the Filipino workers.

UP students are not students that just study all the time and runs his/her life by just studying and knowing different facts that are needed under the sun. UP students are just normal students who studies during tests. UP students also play different games. UP students also play and participate in different sports and activities. As the saying goes “All work, No play makes one dull”.

Another thing is that UP students are free, very free indeed. UP students are given a lot of freedom. That is why in our UP oblation, the oblation is naked because it symbolizes our freedom.

UP students are also students who respect other students from other schools. UP students are so because all of us UP students came from different schools. We also know that we are given advanced education and we are humble being UP students given the privilege to study in this kind of school.

Mostly, UP students are not shameful. During the first day of classes, I already had a friend in the school. I even had friends in the other different year levels. They greeted me and welcomed me in the school well. UP students are also friendly. Even if I don’t know some students during my first day, they talk to me and make friends with me. Some Up students even told me that if you are in UP, you should not be shameful because you will not succeed in UP if you are a shameful type of person. During my elementary years, I was very shameful. I don’t even share my talents and keep them in me when I was not yet in UP. But know I’m in UP, I learned not to be shameful and I learned how to communicate more with people around me. I learned also to share what I have like my talents. I know show the people what I am and what really lies in me. I know show them the real Paul they see standing right before them. And I am not ashamed of what they say about me and what they think about me. I am proud to show to them who I am.

No comments: